Instagram introduced ads on November 1 and today we’re sharing results from some of our first sponsored campaigns in the home feed on mobile.
Ads on Instagram are designed to support brands focused on reaching large audiences with memorable, high quality content. Instagram thinks this aligns with the way people and brands already use Instagram – sharing photos and videos that capture a moment, inspire others, or shift perceptions.
For this analysis, we focused on metrics such as reach, ad recall, and awareness, which reflect the value and effectiveness of brand campaigns, rather than on social metrics such as comments, likes and followers.
Results from the first four completed Instagram campaigns:
- All four initial ad campaigns measured were successful at delivering the broad reach our advertisers were seeking
- The marketers achieved a high impact with a very low average frequency of ad impressions per user
- Levi’s reached 7.4 million people in the U.S. across a nine-day period, targeting people aged 18-34
- Ben & Jerry’s reached 9.8 million people in the U.S. over eight days, targeting people aged 18-35
- Across the four campaigns, there was a 32-point incremental lift in ad recall per campaign for people who were repeatedly exposed to a particular campaign versus control groups
- Across the four campaigns, there was a ten-point incremental lift in brand message awareness per campaign for people who were repeatedly exposed to a particular campaign versus control groups
- In particular, seventeen percent of people who saw a single ad for Ben & Jerry’s Scotchy Scotch Scotch-flavored ice cream not only became aware of the new flavor, they also associated it with the brand
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- A Redesign of RIBlogger.Com (WordPress) - December 9, 2016
- An Event Calendar That Can Be Monetized (WordPress) - July 29, 2016
- Rhode Island Organics Web Site Published - June 3, 2016