This is a frequent request and one that is simple but not intuitive.
There are many plug-ins available for Photoshop to create Windows Icon files but all you need do is follow these steps:
- Create your design and size it to 16px by 16px
- Using the ‘Save As” feature save the file as a bitmap with the .bmp file extension (favicon.bmp)
- Change the the file extension from .bmp to .ico
- Upload favicon.ico to your root directory
The following two tabs change content below.
After a long career in sales, marketing and engineering design, within the manufacturing sector, George launched Web Strategic Marketing in 2009 to enable businesses to be able to effectively compete in the new world of Internet and Social Media Marketing. With the ability to develop marketing plans and marketing strategies, web site development (HTML and WordPress), search engine optimization, social media marketing, write copy and shoot product/commercial photography Web Strategic Marketing is your one-stop-shop for your Internet marketing needs.
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- A Redesign of RIBlogger.Com (WordPress) - December 9, 2016
- An Event Calendar That Can Be Monetized (WordPress) - July 29, 2016
- Rhode Island Organics Web Site Published - June 3, 2016