We Can Develop & Execute Your Social Media Marketing Program
Web Strategic Marketing utilizes conventional marketing principles but with a new, developing, set of marking tactics utilizing Social Media Platforms to create an internet ‘word-of-mouth’ about a company, event, product or service. Creating this ‘word-of-mouth’ advertising from user-to-user cannot only be very positive but it can be extremely powerful and extremely cost-effective.
Social Media can be utilized as a business’s Marketing Communications delivery system. The Social Media Marketing program should be integrated into a businesses marketing plan and not considered separately.
Social media should NOT be considered a unilateral marketing message delivery system otherwise the program will fail because social media users do not want to see a constant stream of sales messages on their Twitter feed or Facebook page. Instead, the social media-marketing program should be about engagement with your market – it must be multilateral in approach – a conversation platform with the businesses target market.
There are many Social Media networks well beyond Facebook and Twitter and selection of the appropriate Social Media Networks will depend on the business and the target market(s).
A business in the Wedding market should consider Pinterest as an important part of their Social Media Strategy. Why? The modern bride uses Pinterest to collect ideas and images for their upcoming weddings.
A business in the Sports Market should consider Facebook as an important part of their Social Media strategy because of the proliferation of sporting images and discussions on Facebook and the ease of identifying the target demographic.
Request Social Media Marketing Support
Which Social Media Platform?
Below, you will find an overview of some of the features of each platform.
1+ Billion registered users with more that 2 billion active users per week million daily users
Analytics (Facebook Insights)
Facebook provides business users with a a set of usable metrics that provide great granularity of detail from the demographic make up of the users on you page to the detail breakdown of the activity on each post. The detail permits the business user to target their posts to their target markets.
Facebook business users can offer discounts, called Facebook Offers which can be redeemed against their products or services. The great benefit of Facebook offers is the opportunities for exposure of the offer the Facebook user engagement. To claim an offer a user clicks on Get Offer from the post anywhere it is seen on Facebook, and Facebook will send an email with details about how to redeem the offer. Please note that the business page must have at least 50 fans before the Offer function becomes available.
Facebook in many regards is an advertisers dream because it facilitates advertising to a specific demographic with a specific interest. In the example below, the advertisement is targeted to:
- Users in the United States
- Have expressed and interest in Rhode Island, Photography and Basketball
- Men and Women between the ages of 21 and 65
Facebook provides business on opportunity to engage with prospective customers and established customers. Using Facebook insights we can study behaviors and optimize the post strategy for maximum effectiveness.
Twitter offers a great opportunity for the proliferation of your brand but just like other elements of your marketing program Brand Management is paramount. On Twitter you will need to do the following:
- Have a specific brand voice.
- Optimize the businesses 140 character company bio to reflect your brand essence and promise.
- The Twitter home page design and background must reflect your brand. Examples of good use of the Twitter home page is Spotify and Coca Cola
- Adopt a specific strategy for Twitter and stick with it: consistency is key to success
- Do you need a separate account for support issues? Instagram and Blackberry does.
Your Customers are Discussing your Brand
You may not be using Twitter but your customers are, join the discussion and protect and develop your brand.
Improved Customer Service
Engage with your customers and respond rapidly to issues. As stated in the Branding section many businesses have dedicated ‘Support/Help’ Twitter accounts. The following is an example of how Instagram communicates support issues via Twitter:
Improve your competitive intelligence by:
- Following your competitors to find out what they are discussing
- Identify who your competitors are following (You will find many of your competitors customers)
- Follow target accounts to identify what opportunities may be available for your business
- Follow your customers to make sure that you fully understand all that is going on within the accounts
Why Use YouTube For Business
- Create ‘how to’ videos to explain you products and services
- Create content fills a relevant need
- Establish a YouTube business channel to market your brand
- Create a following for your videos
- Engage with your fans
- Utilize YouTube search strength
- Search Engine Optimize your videos
- Add a call to action on all videos
Why and How to Use LinkedIn
- Encourage all of your employees to connect with your company’s LinkedIn Page
- Publish valuable, interesting, content
- Include rich media such as YouTube
- Take advantage of LinkedIn Groups to specifically target your market
- Try Showcase Pages to see if the work for your program
- Understand the LinkedIn algorithm ti improve the quality of your content
- Use LinkedIn advertising
- Understand LinkedIn’s analytics to guide your content.
Recent Social Media Marketing Posts
Can I Change The New Facebook Interface Into Dark Mode?
The New Facebook has a Light Mode/Dark Mode Toggle Option. Earlier this year, Facebook released its new interface called "New Facebook." The new interface update's primary reason is to place a bigger emphasis [...]
How to manage your brand on YouTube using ‘Custom Thumbnails’
Until recently, when you uploaded a video to YouTube you pretty much had to hope that YouTube would offer you a good selection of thumbnails to represent your brand online...most of the time the [...]
Did you know that you can schedule your Facebook Business posts?
One of the challenges that business users face is regularly updating their Facebook business page and until recently scheduling your Social Media posts in advance was the domain of fee-based services. Some of my [...]