WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that permits users to easily edit the websites via a text editor for modifying the content, menus, and various design elements.
WordPress web designs can be simple or fully featured with a high degree of complexity.
- There are five components to a WordPress website
- WordPress platform/file structure
- PHP operating software
- MY/SQL dBase – this is where all the data content is stored
- Theme – this is the design skin for your site, and it pulls data and images from my/SQL database and the WordPress file structure. This separation offers the ability to change the design of the site very easily
- Plugins – these provide additional functionality to the website; for example, if you wished to integrate your site with your email newsletter (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.), you would add a plugin to do so. There 54,000+ WordPress plugins available
Together these components produce beautiful, responsive websites (they with change format for what every device is viewing the site.
Web Strategic Marketing was founded in 2009, and since then, I have developed a wide variety of WordPress sites for my clients featuring:
- Search engine optimization
- Online stores (eCommerce) using WooCommerce
- Advertising banners
- Monetized event calendars
- Database tables which can be updated from an Excel spreadsheet
- Portfolio/Project management
- Menu management
- Stylish photo galleries
- Email Newsletter integration
- and more!
For some clients, to reduce their costs, I design a WordPress platform that they can manage and add content. I support them by performing maintenance work and taking on any design projects that may be above their pay grade.
WordPress websites are great for non-technical folks, but they must be maintained regularly because the WordPress operating platform is updated periodically. When then operating software updates, so are the website’s design themes and supporting plugins. Failure to maintain a site can result in a functionality failure; or, much worse, a hacked site. Each time WordPress is updated, it addresses security vulnerabilities, and the site themes and plugins update to keep inline with WordPress.
So, if you decide to manage your site, please make sure that you maintain it and perform all updates as and when needed.
So, whether you need a website, need an existing site upgraded, a fully search engine optimized website or need a framework for you to manage, please contact George today!